Job Title Media Advertising Branding
Category Public Relations Specialists
- We are looking for a reliable and seasoned Director of Product Marketing who will be responsible for developing and directing all the marketing activities and campaigns for MAXrsquo;s growing suite of product offerings.
- You will thus be accountable for driving explosive user growth, while also optimising for cost of acquisition and lifetime value.
- You will lead a team consisting of digital and field marketing professionals, and integrate within the broader Marketing function which also entails Communications amp; PR as well as an in-house creative team.
- You will further oversee MAXrsquo;s creative and field marketing agencies - setting their KPIs and ensuring that MAX reaps a return on investment from this collaboration.
- This role will initially focus on MAXrsquo;s home market in Nigeria, while also providing key strategic advice to our growing operations across Africa as these are set up.
- As the Director of Product Marketing, yoursquo;ll report to the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely with internal stakeholders such as product development, finance, growth, and other departments involved in the product lifecycle mdash; from ideation to design and delivery while you ensure product viability to enable MAX to deliver value to all stakeholders.
What Yoursquo;ll Do
Product marketing strategy and planning:
- Working with the Product team, you will develop an annual marketing plan that supports the businessrsquo; Product scale goals and objectives.
- This plan will capture quarterly priorities, KPIs and the marketing initiatives and campaigns that will enable their achievement.
- With the support of the MAX internal team and agency partners - the plan will provide a 360 degree, through the line support for MAXrsquo;s product growth, and cover digital, field marketing and communication / PR interventions.
Consumer data and insights:
- Prior to deployment, you will lead efforts to test and validate product marketing messaging and tactics through methods such as focus groups, interviews and A/B testing.
- You will also conduct competitive research and analyze their product, marketing and distribution strategies - to ensure MAXrsquo;s positioning stands out and is competitive.
- Serve as the primary custodian of the MAX product marketing data dashboard, providing end to end tracking of the performance of our user acquisition funnel.
- Oversee implementation of marketing automation, marketing analytics, and high-performance marketing tools.
Marketing campaign planning and execution:
- You will play the leading role in developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns aimed at advancing the objectives outlined in the annual marketing plan.
- You will develop and implement a marketing campaign framework for the company, outlining the seasonal recurring campaign windows, as well as the approach for more opportunistic plays when these are available.
- On the digital front, you will ensure MAX has a highly effective digital marketing funnel that generates high-quality leads that convert to users at targeted rates.
- On the experiential / field marketing side, you will direct the activities of MAXrsquo;s partner agencies to generate high levels of awareness and foot traffic to activation points, converting relevant prospects into leads.
- Finally, working with agency partners and directly with our in-house creative team, oversee the development and deployment of high quality and high-performance marketing materials and their placement in relevant media.
- Throughout campaign execution, be ultimately accountable for the marketing budget invested and on demonstrating return based on agreed metrics.
Leadership / Supervisory Role:
- Manage a growing team of marketing professionals (currently 2) as well as relevant agencies.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Operations, and Growth teams.
- Lead customer-centric thinking and craft programs to address and retain target market
- Motivate, develop and inspire an enthusiastic team to achieve remarkable results
- Implement a systematic 1 on 1 feedback and performance review system
- Coach team members to deliver exceptional results
What Yoursquo;ll Need:
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Information Technology, Economics, Business Administration or another relevant field.
- At least 8 years in the field of marketing, dealing specifically with product marketing, with accountability for lead generation and revenue.
- Vast experience in the creation and execution of high performing marketing campaigns - including digital, field and mass media marketing.
- Ability to work in a global context - Previous experience working in high-impact environments is preferred.
- Proven track record of engagement with C-suite stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills; extensive experience in managing and mobilizing cross-functional teams.
- Past track record of recruiting and developing a high performing team.
- Passionate about customers and demonstrated experience at building strong relationships.
- Understand the diverse nature of different countries i.e., work environments, cultures, market changes, customer behavior etc.
- Futuristic and visionary with an entrepreneurial mindset, agile and adapts quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Data-driven method for decision making using KPIs and metrics.
Location and Travel:
- The candidate needs to be based in Nigeria. Travel to MAXrsquo;s growing footprint of markets across Africa may be required, but will not exceed 25% of the time.
Herersquo;s Why You Should Join Us
At MAX, we encourage diversity and are open to meeting just about anyone with the right passion and skillset regardless of looks, gender, sexual orientation, colour, tribe, nationality, and ability.
The MAX Work Environment:
- Drive: We are building a team where everyone is a leader and therefore run on internal motivation
- Empathy: We have a clear understanding of the problem we are trying to solve and its impact on Africans, we are committed to providing a lasting solution.
- Humility: We are committed to continuous learning and improvement. We learn, unlearn and relearn
- Initiative: We welcome novel ideas and encourage creativity
- Diligence: We take great pride in our work.
- Candor: We value open and honest communication
- Collaboration: We are a team of passionate, innovative optimists, solving challenging problems and creating an impact.
- Bias for Technology: We automate everything
What Yoursquo;ll Get
- Competitive pay amp; benefits (plus stock options)
- Premium Health insurance cover
- Flexible work and hybrid working model
- Consistent Learning and Development
- Status car and other benefits.