Job Title NGO/Non-Profit
Category Office Clerks, General
Position: SMC End of Cycle Data Collectors
Experience: One - Two Yearsrsquo; Experience
Location: Local Government Areas in the locations- (FCT and Oyo)
Duration: July ndash;October, 2022
Malaria Consortium requires qualified research personnel that will carry out data collection, analysis and interpretation for the Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention End of Cycle evaluation based on LQAS approach. The consultants and the supervisor will train data collectors and oversee data collection process while other personnel will carry out the actual data collection using an electronic platform.
The End of Cycle (EoC) evaluation will be conducted in the eight states and the FCT Abuja where SMC is being implemented. The process will involve identification, selection and training of supervisors at a training of trainers (ToT) and subsequently, data collectors in the states. The aim of the EoC evaluation is to assess SMC coverage and adherence of community drug distributions (CDDs) to treatment protocols immediately and not more than 5 days after each cycle of treatment.
Specific Activities for the personnel
- Attend training on data collection and survey methods conducted by supervisors.
- Conduct interviews in selected households using SurveyCTO.
- Upload data on the SurveyCTO platform to server.
Deliverables for data collectors:
- Dataset of completed interviews submitted.
Qualifications and experience:
Profile requirements of data collectors
- A minimum of degree (BSc/HND) in Social Sciences and Health related discipline.
- Experience in conducting public health research, particularly data collection.
- Experience in the use of modern technology in research ndash; use of phone for data collection.
- Previous experience doing LQAS survey is an added advantage.
- Ability to speak local language (e.g. Hausa, Kanuri, etc.).
- Familiarity with and respect for the tradition and culture of the locality.
- Familiarity with terrain of the locality.
- Must be a female/mixed in selected states.
- Ability to give attention to details.
- Must not be a staff of Government at any level and or the SMoH.
- Must not be part of SMC personnel in whatever capacity (national, state, LGA, HFW, CHW, TA or LM).
- Must not be blacklisted during the previous LQAS activities.
Timelines for Activities:
- July ndash;October, 2022
No of TA Days
middot; Data Collectors- 23days