Job Title Driving
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative amp; Finance Analyst in Abuja amp; Maiduguri and direct supervisor, the Admin and Logistics Associate, the Driver will provide reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work.
- The Driver will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- The Driver will provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the Country Office (CO), Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services;
- Proper use of vehicle;
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- Availability of documents/ supplies.
Provision of Reliable and secure Driving servicesFocusing on the following:
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of UNDP RR, other high-ranking officials, visitors and other authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Proper use of Vehiclefocusing on the following:
- Ensurescost-savings throughproper use of vehiclethrough accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Day-to-day Maintenance of the Assigned Vehiclefocusing on the following:
- Through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
Availability of Documents / Suppliesfocusing on the following:
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education
- Valid Driverrsquo;s license.
- Minimum 3 yearsrsquo; work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of local language of the duty station.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional amp; Technical competencies:
- Customer Satisfaction / Client Management:
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers#39; needs;
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy;
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients#39; immediate requests;
- Ability to anticipate client#39;s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Operations Management:
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organization#39;s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner.
- Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms
- Resource Management:
- Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical way in line with principles of accountability and integrity
- Digital Awareness and Literacy:
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Business Direction amp; Strategy:
- Entrepreneurial Thinking:
- Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNDP#39;s organizational priorities and mandate
- Negotiation and Influence:
- Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates #39;win-win#39; situations.
- Integration within the UN
- Ability to identity, and integrate capacity and assets of the UN system, and engage in joint work; knowledge of the UN System and ability to apply this knowledge to strategic and/or practical situations.